Fall 2021 Registration is OPEN!
PLEASE NOTE that we will be introducing player/coach photo uploads this season to eliminate laminated cards/rosters...woohoo! More info on that will be forthcoming...please focus on team registration uploads and strength charts for now and stay tuned for more info on the photo upload process.
Fall 2021 Season Registration will open July 8, 2021 and all teams must be uploaded by July 25, 2021 (this also includes strength charts)! Team registrations/strength charts will CLOSE at midnight on July 24. Late fees will start to apply to late Team Registrations and/or Strength Charts on July 25. Dates, etc. are posted on the www.ecysa.org home page.
- Access MYL via www.ecysa.org - just enter your TD login (login link on the upper upper right of the page)...easy as that. You would also enter there as a coach (or referee) if you have that login - reminder that that your TD login is a town organization "shared account" higher level access whereas your coach (or referee) account is a separate "individual" login.
- Some registration entry reminders/updates:
- All imported teams must have at least one "head coach" (C1)...the system will alert you if there isn't one - Please AVOID using "placeholder" head coaches where a name is used on multiple teams! That creates havoc with our scheduling system because we try to accommodate Head Coaches that coach multiple teams...
- Import check on rosters for min/max players based on current ECYSA rules
- During Add/Drop/Transfer (which does not go live until after Registration is closed) - you can no longer drop/transfer a coach if the team only has one (need to add one first)
- Max five coaches per team (system limitation) but remember ECYSA does not require additional coaches to be listed on the roster (they do however require proper credentials)...added coaches beyond five would start to "drop off" the bottom coach
Team Registrations and Strength Charts are due by July 25th (also has been noted on www.ecysa.org)!
Once logged in please do this first:
- Edit/Update your key contacts...Please make sure to add phone/cell phone and please make sure to provide your entire list of key contacts. This functionality is always available.
Registration (opens on July 8):
- Upload your registration file(s) by clicking "Import Roster" in the TD drop down menu. You can import all rosters at once on the same spreadsheet or via multiple imports via teams. Just make sure to import the entire team (coaches and players) if possible to avoid Add fees later on...
- Please use the Excel template attached (also posted in the Registration tab at ecysa.org) for creating your registration file (it is just an example to show layout so please delete the other data by deleting rows but leave the header row).
- The file structure is the same as last season but always good to make sure you are using the latest template (please use the Fall 2021 Registration Template below to import your teams). Couple reminders:
- The "gender" column is the individual's gender, not the team's gender
- ECYSA is requesting email addresses for each record, not just coaches, but this column remains optional for players (typically parent email). Having emails for everyone allows for better communication regarding league announcements, changes to games, etc.
Strength charts will need to be completed after you have successfully imported your rosters as they are initiated by your registration file upload, so please build this into your timeline. Strength Chart submission is critical to allowing our Grade Group Directors time to properly review and place your teams - and Fall season comes quickly.
Non-residents are screened at the time of your upload, so please be prepared to select a reason for the exception as part of your upload process. ECYSA VP's will then review the exceptions for approval, denial or request follow up information but the players listed will not be officially rostered until approved by the appropriate VP.
Grade group exceptions are also screened at the time of your upload with an alert going to the VP to approve, deny or request further information. Remember that players grade 2 or below require a waiver to be placed on a grade 4 team, and Grade 3/4 players need a waiver to be placed on a Grade 6 team. All players who are "playing down" under Mass Youth and ECYSA rules whether AGE or GRADE MUST receive a waiver, which is initiated via email to your respective ECYSA VP and must include full details in support of your request. Play down waivers are not generally approved and require full justification and documentation to be considered.
Add/Drop/Transfer will not be active until registration is closed (we will let you know once it is open). The Add/Drop/Transfer form is the same as the registration file form but remember Drops and Transfers will be done directly in the system (because those players will already be in the system). Adds will be uploaded via a similar process to your registration file upload.
Instructional videos are available under the TD Library section of www.ecysa.org/ECYSA/td-instructions
The system is set to calculate your registration fees (and other fees) - TDs have a drop down which will detail the town organization fees.
Fields: field availability will open soon with a similar structure to what we used in the Spring - the predefined templates received huge positive feedback.
Dropping off Player/Coach Cards and Hardcopy Rosters:
- Janet Gargan (Registrar) 10 Mildred Road, Danvers, MA.
- Put everything in the bin between the garages.
Registration fee worksheet and payment (check) should be mailed to:
- J Chee, ECYSA Accountant, 33 Winter Street, North Reading, MA 01864
- Please make sure to use the fee worksheet (Excel spreadsheet link below) to calculate fees owed. The team fees on the Financial Report in the TD drop down will be different from the spreadsheet (and potentially changing) until the teams are assigned to their final placements (eg. MTOC vs County) in the system after the placement meeting. If fee submitted is different from actual fees based on placements, ECYSA will send reconciliation invoices.
Here is the Player/Coach Card Template - please note:
- "TEAM" is Town organization
- "GRADE GROUP" is team grade, not player
- DOB and Grade Group should be blank for coaches.
In most grades groups cards will need to be redone since it has been a whole year since we played a league schedule so most, if not all players are moving up to a new grade group. Exception for Spring 2021 ONLY, player cards labelled "G10" will be valid for G11 play, and cards labelled "G12" will be valid for PG play.
Here is the envelope template for folder labels (Avery 5164/8164):
Here is the Fall 2021 Fee Worksheet:
Here is the Fall 2021 Roster Registration Template/Example:
Fall 2021 / Spring 2022 Age Groups: https://www.mayouthsoccer.org/age-groups-202122/ - please make sure to view the "Dual Grade Groupings"
DUAL GRADE GROUPINGS (2021/2022)
|Program||Grade Requirements||AND||Born On or After|
|Grade 3/4||4th Grade or Lower||AND||1/1/2011|
|Grade 5/6||6th Grade or Lower||AND||1/1/2009|
|Grade 7/8||8th Grade or Lower||AND||1/1/2007|
|Grades 9/10*||10th Grade or Lower||AND||1/1/2005|
|Grades 11/12 *||12th Grade or Lower||AND||1/1/2003|
|PG*||12th + 1 year or Lower||AND||1/1/2002|
* Note: The MTOC High School age groups for 2021/2022 have yet to be established.