Welcome to the web page with information for current and prospective ECYSA referees! Check back to this page frequently for updated information. If you have suggestions for additions to the site, please let us know!
Your assignor is Ben Reed
Phone: (978) 283-2338 for soccer issues (note - It's a landline! Don't try to text it.)
Mailing address: 12 Middle Street, #5, Gloucester, MA 01930
Latest News (2021-04-09)
New Guest Player Pass policy in effect for the Spring 2021 season
COVID-19 information for the spring season is now available.
IMPORTANT - New Policy for Game Reporting !!
General Information For Referees
- Need help using the web site to grab games, check your schedule, update your availability, or submitting game reports? Then check out our Technology Tips page.
- Physical fitness is an important element of being an effective referee. The Referee Fitness page contains resources to help you prepare your body for the soccer season.
Useful Links for Referees
- Operating Rules Related to Referees (revised 04/05)
- Advice from the Assignor
- 2020-2021 Laws of the Game (IFAB)
- Law Changes for 2020/2021
- Summary of G4 Rule Exceptions
- Summary of G6 Rule Exceptions
- Updated: Mass Youth Soccer COVID-19 Hub Look here for the most up-to-date information on COVID protocols.
If you are having trouble viewing that last link on a mobile device, click on the Spring 2021 COVID-19 QandA YouTube video to pause its download, and the page should finish loading very shortly after that.
For Referees New to ECYSA
New Referee Orientation Meetings - If you have never refereed any ECYSA games, you must attend one these meetings! We'll let you know when the schedule is available.
Interested in Joining ECYSA's Referee Team?
For information on becoming a referee, click on one of the following links: