ECYSA is pleased to affirm their partnership with and endorsement of the Essex County Youth Futsal League (ECYFL) for off season play and training.
ECYFL is entering its 5th year of league play and training programs at The Pingree School in South Hamilton, site of ECYSA Championships, and in collaboration with Beyond Soccer Lawrence will offer programs at the Lawrence Sports HUB to serve members in the Merrimack Valley area starting this November, 2019.
Futsal is the only indoor soccer variant sanctioned by FIFA, USSF and US Youth Soccer. It is played 5v5, on a hard surface without boards, with a special low-bounce ball. The pace, ball, surface, rules, and lack of boards encourage technical and tactical skill development, while the 5v5 format allows players up to 6 times more touches per match than traditional soccer.
Like ECYSA, ECYFL is an affiliated sanctioned league of the Massachusetts Youth Soccer Association and is a non-profit focused on playing and training opportunities for town-based players and coaches. ECYFL is led by a volunteer Board of Directors with extensive town and ECYSA experience.
The affiliation with Mass Youth means that all benefits are extended to current members at no additional membership or insurance fees, including excess medical, liability and full state and federally mandated training and background checks for adults.
- Free Open Houses with player and coach clinics (10/27 at Pingree, 11/3 at Lawrence)
- Onsite staff for every match
- Two USSF-certified referees per match at all grade levels
- League play for teams with the choice of 2 locations and the choice of up to 6 days of play and a 5- or 8-week season.
- Free Agents- players without a team can register as individuals to play on a House team or existing team in need of players.
- Futsal Academy- 12 weeks of one hour futsal training for players in grades K through 8
Details for all programs can be found at www.ecyfl.org or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org